4 lb chicken -- *see note
* Use a 4-pound stewing chicken, cut in half, or use pre-cut chicken.
1. In a 5-quart kettle or pot, melt margarine and brown chicken until
well-browned on all sides. Remove chicken and keep warm.
2. In remaining fat in pan, saute onions, carrots, celery and curry
powder. Use medium heat. Stir until onions are tender and limp; about
3. Return chicken to pot. Add apple, salt, pepper, chicken broth, 5
cups cold water and parsley. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to
simmer. Cover and simmer for 1 hour. Stiroccasionally.
4. Remove chicken; add corn and lima beans and cook 30 minutes longer.
5. Cook pasta while chicken is cooking.
6. Skim fat from soup. Remove skin and bones from chicken; cut into
bite-sized pieces. Return chicken to pot; add cooked pasta shells.
7. Let stand, covered, for about 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe By : Jo Anne Merrill
Also see ...
Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces. Combine next 3 ingredients and chicken; let stand 15 minutes. Meanwhile, reserving 1/4 cup syrup, drain mandarin oranges. Blend reserved syrup with sweet & sour sauce; set aside. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in hot wok or large skillet over medium hi (Upload by user)
In skillet, heat oil; saute chicken until golden. Remove chicken; set aside and keep warm. In clean skillet, combine broth, honey, and soy sauce; whisk in peanut butter, corn starch and ginger. Add green onions and garlic; cook stirring constantly, over low heat until blend (Upload by user)
Remove bones, skin, and all fat from chicken; cut into bite sized pieces. In large skillet, heat oil on medium. Brown chicken on all sides. Drain mushrooms and add to skillet. Stir in flour. Add soup, wine, and water; cook, stirring, about 10 minutes, until sauce thickens. S (Upload by user)
Cook spinach according to package directions; drain well. Divide among 4 au gratin baking dishes. Meanwhile, spray a COLD large skillet with nonstick coating. Add chicken. Cook over medium heat for 8 to 10 min or till tender and no longer pink, turning pieces occasionally. P (Upload by user)
Place chicken in 12 inch skillet or Dutch oven. Sprinkle with salt, oregano, coriander and pepper. Add water, tomatoes, onion and garlic. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer 30 minutes. Stir rice into liquid. Cover and simmer until thickest pieces of chicken are (Upload by user)
1. Mix together the rice, pineapple, banana, grapes and lemon juice. 2. In a small bowl combine the sultanas, coconut yoghurt, mayonnaise and chili powder if using. Add the chicken and rice mixture stirring well to coat. Season with salt and pepper. 3. Serve garnis (Upload by user)
In a small saucepan, melt 1 cup butter over low heat, stir in 1/3 cup lemon or lime juice, Italian seasoning, 2 1/2 teaspoons salt, garlic, dry mustard, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Sprinkle each side of chicken halves lightly with salt and pepper. Place chicken on grill skin si (Upload by user)
Sprinkle salt and pepper over washed and dried chicken. Set aside. In a small bowl, make Caribbean paste by mixing together sugar, 2 tablespoons of the rum, lime juice, lemon pepper, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, garlic powder, and hot pepper sauce; set aside. Plac (Upload by user)
I love Puerto Rican Food!... It s usually simple, yet rich with lots of cilantro and garlic!!. Enclosed are examples of 4 dishes that can be simplified to taste. I always add mucho mas cilantro, peppers and garlic with fresh ingredients (I never used canned foods). I pr (Upload by user)
Coat a skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Salt and pepper chicken and cook in skillet over med. heat for 8 10 mins, or til pieces have begun to brown. Place in a med. bowl, let cool, and cut into small strips. In the same skillet, melt marg. Add onion and garlic. Skim (Upload by user)
TAG: chicken, skillet, broth, beans, ,
1. Marinate the chicken in the teriyaki marinade in a shallow bowl for 30 minutes. 2. Preheat a clean barbecue to medium grilling heat. 3. Brown the faces of each bun in a frying pan on the stove. Keep the pan hot. 4. Cook the bacon in the pan until crisp, then set aside. 5. b (Upload by user)
TAG: chicken, ,
1. Marinate the chicken in the teriayki marinade in a shallow bowl for 30 minutes. 2. Preheat a clean barbecue to medium grilling heat. 3. Prepare the sauce in a small bowlby mixing the mayonnaise with the paprika, cayenne pepper, curry powder, and salt. 4. Grill the chicke (Upload by user)
TAG: chicken, pepper, sandwiches, spread, place, ,
PLACE FLOUR IN A MIXING BOWL and slowly pour in the beer while mixing. Add the egg white, pepper and desired salt and mix well. Taste for salt and pepper and add if desired. Cover the bowl and set aside for 30 minutes before using. Combine onions and oil in a small Dutch ove (Upload by user)
TAG: place, tomatoes, breasts, chicken, remove, breast, desired, cheese, minutes, dutch, ,
Heat 1/2 to 1 inch oil in large heavy skillet. Beat together eggs, milk and TABASCO sauce. Dip chicken pieces in mixture and cover well. Mix flour, cheese, parsley, salt and oregano together in paper bag. Shake chicken pieces in bag until thoroughly coated. Place in hot oil (Upload by user)
TAG: chicken, cheese, ,
Blend cream cheese, blue cheese, butter and dash of nutmeg. Form into 6 ovals, then roll ovals in swiss cheese. Chill at least 1 hour. Flatten chicken breasts between sheets of waxed paper. Spread each piece with 1/2 tsp mustard. Put 1 cheese oval in center of each brea (Upload by user)
TAG: cheese, chicken, breasts, ,
Pound out chicken breasts between two sheets of wax paper until thinned. Put a tbs of cheese in center each chicken breast & roll up & secure with a toothpick. Roll the chicken breast in butter, then in bread crumbs. Place in a microwave dish & cook on high for 6 t (Upload by user)
TAG: chicken, breast, ,
TAG: chicken, minutes, remove, ,
Permalink--> In : Recipes - Chicken