3 lb chicken or 2 whole chicken breasts
1. Skin and bone chicken. Cut into 2" x 1/2" pieces.
2. Sprinkle the chicken with each of the ingredients listed under
"marinade," mix well, then add the green onions and ginger. Marinate
for 1 hour.
3. Heat 2 cups oil to 325 degrees and deep-fry cashew nuts for 5
minutes, drain and salt lightly.
4. Boil Chinese mushrooms for 10 minutes, rinse, squeeze dry, cut off
and discard stems. If you use canned mushrooms, omit this step.
5. Cut celery into 1 1/2" pieces, then cut each piece lengthwise into
strips, julienne style.
6. Cut bamboo shoot tips into thin slices.
7. Peel water chestnuts (using potato peeler) and cut a little off
the top and the bottom of each one. Then cut them into thin slices
and soak in water to prevent them from turning dark. (Canned water
chestnuts are already peeled.)
8. Heat wok, add 1 t. oil and stir-fry the bamboo tips and water
chestnuts together, if you use fresh water chestnuts. (If canned ones
are used, stir-fry them separately in 1 teaspoon oil for 1-2 minutes,
adding 2 teaspoons sugar.) Set aside.
9. Heat wok, add 1 teaspoon oil and stir-fry mushrooms, celery and
yellow onion for 3 minutes, with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon
sugar. Set aside.
10. Heat wok, add 2 tablespoons oil and stir-fry marinated chicken
for 3 minutes. Add chicken stock, cover and cook for 10 minutes over
11. Add vegetables which have been previously set aside and bring to
a fast boil.
12. Thicken with a mixture made with the cornstarch and 2 tablespoon
cold water. Bring to a boil, cook for 1 minute and turn off the heat.
13. Add cashew nuts, mix thoroughly, and serve.
Serve alone, or with rice.
SOURCE: Chopsticks, Clever and Wok.
Also see ...
Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly spray a medium size shallow baking dish with vegetable spray. Rinse chicken and pat dry. In a shallow pan, combine bread crumbs, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and ginger. Dip chicken in yogurt, then into crumb mixture. Place in pr (Upload by user)
Bring stock to a boil in a large pot. In a separate large pot, heat oil and saute carrots, celery, onion, zucchini and yellow squash. Add boiling stock to vegetables, then stir in rice; season with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and top with cilantro. & (Upload by user)
Combine all ingredients except chicken in food processor or blender, and blend into a paste, making sure that the ingredients are all fully integrated. The paste should be the consistency of a thick tomato sauce. If its too thick, thin it with a little more white vinegar. (Upload by user)
Cut off and discard wing tips. Separate wing at joint. At the drumstick joint, separate bones with small knife and push meat to tip. Remove smaller bone and discard. Mix all other ingred in large bowl. Add chicken and coat well. After refrigerating coated chicken for at leas (Upload by user)
Cut 1 onion in fourths. In a blender or food processor, process onion, ginger and garlic until very finely chopped. Heat 3 tablespoons ofo il in a saucepan. Add onion mixture and Curry Powder and fry 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Cut chicken in bite size cubes and add to o (Upload by user)
Procedure: 1. Dice the chicken into 1/2 inch pieces and marinate for half an hour with marinating sauce (1 tb of egg white, 1 1/2 tb cornstarch, and 1 tb soysauce). Fry in lukewarm oil until the meat becomes white and then drain. 2. Heat the pan with 3 tb of oi (Upload by user)
*** See instructions at end if using the optional ingredients. Cut chicken into 1/4" wide slices. Melt the butter and olive oil in a large heavy skillet. Saute the chicken for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the chicken and keep warm. Deglaze the pan with the champagne. Add the (Upload by user)
Preheat oven to 425. To prepare crust, combine 1 cup baking mix and water until soft dough forms; beat vigorously. Gently smooth dough into a ball on floured surface. Knead 5 times. Follow directions accordingly for crust. To prepare filling, heat broth in a saucepan. Add po (Upload by user)
Preheat oven at 425 after first and second rise. Mix tomato sauce, oregano, basil, salt, garlic powder, and pepper; reserve. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over crust; spread tomato sauce mixture over top. Top with chicken. Sprinkle remaining cheese. Bake uncovered until crust is (Upload by user)
Cook noodles in boiling, salted water according to package directions; drain. Saute onion and bell pepper in butter until onion is clear and tender. Stir in soup, mushrooms, pimento, wine and basil. Lay half the noodles in a 9"x 13" baking dish; top with half the sauce (Upload by user)
TAG: cheese, chicken, noodles, ,
Remove chicken neck and giblets; reserve for other uses. Pull off and discard lumps of fat. Rinse chicken inside and out, then pat dry. Brush skin with butter. Place chicken, breast up, on a rack in a 12 by 15 inch roasting pan. Roast, uncovered, in a 375 degree oven until (Upload by user)
TAG: chicken, cheese, sauce, cream, ,
On a plate combine the bread crumbs, cheese, rosemary, salt and pepper. Spread the flour on a another plate. Beat the egg and water together in a shallow bowl. One at time, coat the chicken breasts with flour, then dip in the beaten egg, finally roll them in the cheese mixt (Upload by user)
TAG: chicken, cheese, ,
* The Chicken Breast should be skinned, boned and split and weigh about 12 to 14 oz. ** The sticks of cheddar cheese should measure 5 X 1/2 X1/2 inches each. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++ Combine the flour, salt and p (Upload by user)
TAG: cheese, cheddar, chicken, ,
Prepare rice according to directions or your desire. Set aside. Cut up the chicken into small chunks and cook through, either on the stove top or the microwave. You can either cook it and then cut it up, or cut it up and then cook it. Chop onion and peppers into small pieces (Upload by user)
TAG: chicken, small, ,
Combine the broth and the vegetables in a large sauce pan. Cover and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Melt the butter in a Dutch oven over low heat. Add the flour, stirring until smooth. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. br (Upload by user)
TAG: stirring, chicken, ,
* 4 med (12 oz total) boned skinless chicken breast halves For filling, in a small bowl combine cheese, mushrooms, the 1/4 c yogurt, chives, parsley, and pimento. Place 1 chicken breast half, boned side up, between 2 pieces of clear plastic wrap. Working from the center to (Upload by user)
TAG: chicken, breast, rolls, ,
TAG: water, minutes, chicken, teaspoon, cashew, chestnuts, aside, mushrooms, 2", canned, ,
Permalink--> In : Recipes - Chicken