2 chicken breast halves, - skinned an, d boned*
2 servings of 1 chicken roll with about 3 tablespoons gravy each 240
calories per serving
1. Pound breast halves with meat mallet until fiat.
2. Cook onion and celery in margarine until tender.
3. Mix in rice and seasonings.
4. Place half of rice mixture on each breast half. Start with
narrowest end and roll. Tie string around each end of roll to hold it
together. Leave ends of string long so they can be easily removed
5. Brown chicken rolls on all sides in hot frypan.
6. Add stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until
tender--about 15 minutes.
7. Remove rolls from cooking liquid Keep rolls warm while making
8. For gravy, mix flour and water until smooth. Stir into cooking
liquid. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened--about 1 minute.
9. Serve gravy over chicken rolls.
*NOTE: Use chicken breast halves from a 3-1/3 pound chicken. Use
remaining parts for Stewed Chicken (p. 47)
* Thrifty Meals for Two: Making Food Dollars Count * USDA Home and
Garden Bulletin Number 244 * Meal-Master format courtesy of Karen
Also see ...
Heat butter and oil in a large saut&130; pan or skillet and brown chicken a few pieces at a time. Transfer browned chicken to an ovenproof baking dish. To the remaining oil in the pan, add onion, garlic, and bay leaf and cook gently for 1 2 minutes until onion is transparent. (Upload by user)
Coat chicken with flour and brown in hot oil; remove. Saute celery, carrots and onion in same pan 2 minutes. Combine soy sauce and oregano with 1 cup water; add to pan with chicken. Cover and simmer 45 minutes, or until chicken is tender. Makes 4 to 6 servings (Upload by user)
~ Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Stir together cornstarch and soy sauce in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add apricot preserves, sugar, vinegar, garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper. Cook until thick and bubbly, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add orange juice and brandy (Upload by user)
Saute chicken and garlic in butter. Transfer to a casserole with juices from pan. Mix cream, brandy, curry powder, salt, and pepper and pour over chicken. Cover and bake at 350øF for 35 40 minutes. Sprinkle with finely chopped parsley and paprika. Yield: 4 servin (Upload by user)
1>. Melt the butter, add the mushrooms and diced green pepper. Saute for 5 minutes over a slow heat to prevent butter from burning. Add flour and seasonings, mix well, then add cold chicken broth and milk. Stir constantly until creamy. 2>. Set dish over hot water in a dou (Upload by user)
1. Wash the chicken thoroughly. Remove the skin and any pieces of fat. Pin the bay leaf to 1 onion quarter with the clove. Place the chicken in a large pot with the tomatoes, onion quarters, 1 carrot, celery leaves, and peppercorn bundle. Add 10 cups cold water and b (Upload by user)
* CHICKEN BREAST MEAT CUT INTO 1" SQUARE PIECES, BONELESS, SKINLESS * strongServings: 6/strong (Upload by user)
Crisp fried chicken is one of the things that I always find contradictory instructions for. "ALWAYS cover the frying chicken." "NEVER cover the frying chicken." This is from "The Chef s Secret Cook Book" and directly addresses the question. It works (Upload by user)
Chop leftover or cooked chicken into small cubes. In a bowl, mix chicken with cream or leftover gravy. Season with salt, pepper and tarragon. Melt butter in shallow baking dish. Turn chicken mixture into baking dish. Sprinkle with parsley and pimiento. Bake at 350 degrees fo (Upload by user)
Use large frying pan with a lid. Brown chicken in butter; remove from fryin pan. Brown mushrooms in pan. Stir in soup, garlic and seasonings. Add browned chicken. Cover and cook over low heat 45 minutes, stirring now and then. Blend in cream; heat slowly. Serve with noodles (Upload by user)
TAG: chicken, cream, ,
Season chicken with salt, allspice, and freshly ground pepper, then wet it with coconut milk. Let it settle for a few hours. Toast coconut until light brown. One hr. before using, make egg batter of 2 eggs and 1/3 cup of coconut milk. Roll chicken in the toasted coconut, th (Upload by user)
TAG: coconut, chicken, butter, ,
1. PLACE WHOLE BREAST ON CUTTING BOARD, RIB SIDE DOWN. CUT IN HALF. WITH A BONING KNIFE, TRIM MEAT AWAY FROM BREASTBONE, FOLLOWING THE CONTOUR OF THE RIB CAGE. PULL MEAT AWAY AS YOU CUT. REPEAT WITH REMAINING BREASTS. 2. REMOVE THE TENDON. PLACE BREAST SKINNED SIDE DOWN. CUT (Upload by user)
TAG: chicken, breasts, breast, minutes, place, ,
Recipe by: Kay Hinga <[email protected]> Combine marinade ingredients in blender. Marinate chicken in refrigerator u 24 hours. Remove chicken from marinade. Do not wipe. Bake, saute, broil or grill. Enjoy! Note: I don t like this very much baked, but it s gre (Upload by user)
TAG: marinade, chicken, ,
Heat oven to 350F. Mix mushroom soup and milk; reserve 1/2 of the cup of the soup mixture. Mix the remaining soup mixture with rice, mushrooms (including liquid), and half of the onion soup mix. Pour into oblong baking dish. Place chicken breasts on top. Pour reserved soup (Upload by user)
TAG: chicken, mixture, ,
* SKIN AND DEBONE BREASTS BEFORE COOKING * strongServings: 6/strong (Upload by user)
Split chicken breasts in half; place in a paper bag with flour, paprika, and salt. Shake bag well to coat chicken thoroughly, remove from bag, and shake off excess flour. In a heavy saucepan melt the butter. Add the salad oil and saute the chicken until light brown on both s (Upload by user)
TAG: chicken, bourbon, ,
TAG: chicken, rolls, gravy, breast, ,
Permalink--> In : Recipes - Chicken