1 lb chicken parts
1. Skin and bone chicken. Cut intl 1 1/2" cubes.
2. Sprinkle chicken with each of the ingredients listed under
"marinade," mix well and marinate for 1/2 hour.
3. Cut celery into 1 1/2" pieces; then, cut each piece lengthwise into
strips, juilenne style.
4. Drain pineapple, saving the juice.
5. Prepare batter by beating the egg, adding the water, flour and
cornstarch. Mix thoroughly.
6. Heat oil to 350 degrees in a small saucepan.
7. Dip chicken in batter and drop into the hot oil. Deep-fry for 10
minutes. Remove and drain off excess oil.
8. In wok, combine pineapple juice, water, catsup, vinegar, sugar and
dash of salt. Bring to a boil.
9. Add celery, chicken and pineapple. Cook for 1 minute over high
10. Add thickening made by combining cornstarch and cold water. Cook
for 1 minute and serve.
SOURCE: Chopsticks, Clever, and Wok.
Also see ...
In deep, heavy pot, heat oil. Add 1 Tb butter and let it melt and foam. Add mushrooms. Stir over high heat 2 minutes. Remove mushrooms with slotted spoon and set aside. Brown livers; remove and set aside. Lightly brown duck or chicken on both sides and remove from pan. Reduc (Upload by user)
1. In 8 quart Dutch oven over medium heat, brown sausages on all sides. Drain and cool sausages, reserving pan drippings. Slice into 1 inch diagonal pieces; place in a large bowl 2. Drain all but 1 tablespoon of drippings from pan. To drippings, add onion; cook over me (Upload by user)
Preparation: At least 12 hours before cooking this dish, rinse several times then soak dried chestnuts. After soaking, remove pieces of skin wedged in nutmeat. Deep frying: In wok or suitable pan, slowly heat deep frying oil; oil is ready when bubbles quickly form aroun (Upload by user)
2 servings of 1 chicken roll with about 3 tablespoons gravy each 240 calories per serving 1. Pound breast halves with meat mallet until fiat. 2. Cook onion and celery in margarine until tender. 3. Mix in rice and seasonings. 4. Place half of rice mix (Upload by user)
Heat butter and oil in a large saut&130; pan or skillet and brown chicken a few pieces at a time. Transfer browned chicken to an ovenproof baking dish. To the remaining oil in the pan, add onion, garlic, and bay leaf and cook gently for 1 2 minutes until onion is transparent. (Upload by user)
Coat chicken with flour and brown in hot oil; remove. Saute celery, carrots and onion in same pan 2 minutes. Combine soy sauce and oregano with 1 cup water; add to pan with chicken. Cover and simmer 45 minutes, or until chicken is tender. Makes 4 to 6 servings (Upload by user)
~ Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Stir together cornstarch and soy sauce in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add apricot preserves, sugar, vinegar, garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper. Cook until thick and bubbly, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add orange juice and brandy (Upload by user)
Saute chicken and garlic in butter. Transfer to a casserole with juices from pan. Mix cream, brandy, curry powder, salt, and pepper and pour over chicken. Cover and bake at 350øF for 35 40 minutes. Sprinkle with finely chopped parsley and paprika. Yield: 4 servin (Upload by user)
1>. Melt the butter, add the mushrooms and diced green pepper. Saute for 5 minutes over a slow heat to prevent butter from burning. Add flour and seasonings, mix well, then add cold chicken broth and milk. Stir constantly until creamy. 2>. Set dish over hot water in a dou (Upload by user)
1. Wash the chicken thoroughly. Remove the skin and any pieces of fat. Pin the bay leaf to 1 onion quarter with the clove. Place the chicken in a large pot with the tomatoes, onion quarters, 1 carrot, celery leaves, and peppercorn bundle. Add 10 cups cold water and b (Upload by user)
TAG: chicken, broth, remove, simmer, ,
* CHICKEN BREAST MEAT CUT INTO 1" SQUARE PIECES, BONELESS, SKINLESS * strongServings: 6/strong (Upload by user)
TAG: chicken, ,
Crisp fried chicken is one of the things that I always find contradictory instructions for. "ALWAYS cover the frying chicken." "NEVER cover the frying chicken." This is from "The Chef s Secret Cook Book" and directly addresses the question. It works (Upload by user)
TAG: chicken, ", pieces, flour, cover, frying, crumbs, place, makes, garlic, remove, mixture, secret, breaded, piece, bread, ,
Chop leftover or cooked chicken into small cubes. In a bowl, mix chicken with cream or leftover gravy. Season with salt, pepper and tarragon. Melt butter in shallow baking dish. Turn chicken mixture into baking dish. Sprinkle with parsley and pimiento. Bake at 350 degrees fo (Upload by user)
TAG: chicken, ,
Use large frying pan with a lid. Brown chicken in butter; remove from fryin pan. Brown mushrooms in pan. Stir in soup, garlic and seasonings. Add browned chicken. Cover and cook over low heat 45 minutes, stirring now and then. Blend in cream; heat slowly. Serve with noodles (Upload by user)
TAG: chicken, cream, ,
Season chicken with salt, allspice, and freshly ground pepper, then wet it with coconut milk. Let it settle for a few hours. Toast coconut until light brown. One hr. before using, make egg batter of 2 eggs and 1/3 cup of coconut milk. Roll chicken in the toasted coconut, th (Upload by user)
TAG: coconut, chicken, butter, ,
1. PLACE WHOLE BREAST ON CUTTING BOARD, RIB SIDE DOWN. CUT IN HALF. WITH A BONING KNIFE, TRIM MEAT AWAY FROM BREASTBONE, FOLLOWING THE CONTOUR OF THE RIB CAGE. PULL MEAT AWAY AS YOU CUT. REPEAT WITH REMAINING BREASTS. 2. REMOVE THE TENDON. PLACE BREAST SKINNED SIDE DOWN. CUT (Upload by user)
TAG: chicken, breasts, breast, minutes, place, ,
TAG: chicken, pineapple, water, ,
Permalink--> In : Recipes - Chicken