* Wheat germ adds a nutty flavor to this moist and delicious snack
cake and oats add a special hearty texture.
1. Heat oven to 350øF. Spray 13 x 9-inch pan with no-stick cooking
spray or grease lightly.
2. In a large bowl, combine water and oats; set aside. In medium
bowl, combine flour, sugars, wheat germ, baking soda, cinnamon,
nutmeg, and salt; mix well.
3. Add apples, oil, egg, egg whites and vanilla to oat mixture, mix
4. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until moistened.
5. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden
pick inserted in center cp,es pit clean.
6. Cool completely on wire rack.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION: 1/20 of recipe
Calories 170 Calories From Fat 45 Protein
3g Total Fat 5g Cholesterol 10mg
Dietary FIber 1g Carbohydrates 30g Sodium 140mg Source:
Foodshopper s Digest, Winter 1994
Typed for you by Lois Flack, CYBEREALM BBS, Watertown, NY.
Also see ...
Combine flour, baking powder and soda, and salt. set aside. In another bowl, mix the applesauce, sugar and spices. Add milk, vanilla and egg whites. Mix well. Stir in flour mixture just until combined. stir in apples and raisins. pour into sprayed 7x11" pan and bake at (Upload by user)
Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well at med. speed of an electric mixer. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Combine sour cream and next 6 ingred. in a sm. bowl; stir with a wire whisk. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; stir well. Add to crea (Upload by user)
Cream butter or margarine. Gradually add sugar and beat until light. Add eggs one at a time, beating thoroughly after each. Add flavorings, then sifted dry ingredients alternatively with sour cream and brandy. Blend well. Pour into geased 3 quart bundt pan and bake in prehea (Upload by user)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Put apricots in a small pan, cover with water and boil gently for 10 minutes. Drain off water, cool and cut into small pieces. Mix the butter, sugar, and 1 cup of the flour together with a pastry blender until crumbly. Press into a greased 9 by (Upload by user)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees for 10 minutes. 1. Saute scallions and garlic in butter until softened. Cut artichoke 2. Combine cream, eggs, salt and pepper in medium bowl. 3. Sprinkle grated cheese over the bottom of the partially baked crust. 4. Bake 35 minutes until golden a (Upload by user)
Preheat oven to 350ø. Prepare cake mix as package directs, stir in apples. Pour into well greased and floured 13x9 inch baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, (Upload by user)
Grease round pan, 9 x 1 1/2". Mix all ingredients except Streusel Topping until moistened. Spread batter in pan; sprinkle with Streusel Topping. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes. Serves br (Upload by user)
Peel, core, and chop apples into small pieces. Mix together with 3 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon. Set aside. In large bowl, combine sugar and cooking oil; beat. Add eggs, orange juice, and vanilla. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture. Beat u (Upload by user)
SOURCE: SPAGO, W. SUNSET BLVD; LOS ANGELES. RAYMOND CABERNET SAUVIGNON, 1978. Preheat oven to 325. Roll out 1/2 dough until 1/8 in. thick and line six individual tart pans. Peel, core, and thinly slice the apples. Heat 3 tablespoons butter in skillet, saute apples 3 4 minute (Upload by user)
SOURCE: SPAGO, W. SUNSET BLVD; LOS ANGELES. RAYMOND CABERNET SAUVIGNON, 1978. SAUCE: Combine sugar and 1/2 cup water in heavy saucepan. Cook on medium heat 15 20 minutes, until sugar turns light golden brown. Don t let sugar burn. Remove saucepan from heat, immediately add c (Upload by user)
TAG: cream, sugar, saucepan, sauce, ,
My suggestion: line a 9 x 9 inch cake pan or large deep dish pie plate with wax paper. Melt the butter in a small glass cup in the microwave, stir in brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spread as evenly as possible over the wax paper. Original recipe used 10 inch skillet with (Upload by user)
TAG: paper, ,
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. 2. Sift together flour, spices and baking soda. 3. In a 10 " cast iron skillet, melt the butter. 4. Sprinkle the sugar evenly over it. 5. Peel and core apples, slice them. 6. Arrange apples, overlapping on top of sugar. 7. With electric mixer a (Upload by user)
TAG: apples, sugar, ,
In a large bowl, beat vegetable oil and sugar until thick and opaque. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift together flour, cloves, cinnamon, mace, baking soda and salt, then stir in whole wheat flour. Add to oil and egg mixture and mix until well (Upload by user)
TAG: glaze, cider, ,
1. For the topping, melt 1 teaspoon butter in heavy skillet. Add apples and saute until caramelized. About 3 minutes. 2. Combine remaining 3 tablespoons of butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan and heat until blended. 3. Butter a 10 inch pan and spread brown sugar mixtu (Upload by user)
TAG: butter, sugar, ,
1. Cake taste best when baked a day before serving and cooled in the refridgerator over night. 2. Boil wine add the apples,peeled,cored and cut in fine cubes,and cook about 2 minutes;take apples out and put aside. 3. Measure the wine cooking fluid and add brown sugar as need (Upload by user)
1. In 2 quart heavy saucepan melt sugar over low heat, watching carefully so it doesn t burn. 2. In 2 cup glass measuring cup microwave heavy cream 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until it reaches about 140 160 F. 3. When sugar has liquified and turned an amber color, s (Upload by user)
TAG: apples, sugar, heavy, sauce, caramel, ,
TAG: snack, ,
Permalink--> In : Recipes - Dessert